Whew, what a week! Here is what it looked like for me:
- wrote 2 tutorials (How to Sew a Button and Coverstitch Knit Hems)
- finished and mailed off 2 knit dresses + 1 scarf to a very-soon-to-be-new-lawyer
- taught private sewing lessons to 7 students
- wrote my weekly blog post for Craftsy.com
- wrote a blog post for The Monthly Stitch about the 2 knit dresses
- applied and was accepted on craftgossip.com, featuring my Easy 1-Hour Skirt tutorial
- finally posted my advertising policy/updated my site menu
- packaged and shipped piles of cool Japanese sewing notions available in my Etsy store
- hung out every morning this week with my favorite DGD, and as you can see above, she likes to sew too!
- attended a performance of The Little Mermaid so I could clap loudly for one of my awesome sewing students!
- barely managed to run a few loads of laundry, cook a few meal items, and vacuum up the big chunks & dust bunnies floating about
This weekend? I am hoping to immerse myself in some luscious sandwashed silk from District Fabric that has been longing to become a Georgia kind of girl. I am thinking about ways I might stabilize the CB seam so I can insert the invisible zipper, and I have one idea that I want to try. Fusing on silk is generally not a great idea, tho there are a few products that do not cause glue “bleed through”.
To all you who are blessed as mothers, I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day! Around here, that would mean loads of sewing time!