Forget about dieting and exercise resolutions, what are your sewing goals for 2011? Do you want to teach yourself a new skill, take a special class, sew more frequently, make a tailored garment? Here are some of my goals for 2011, though of course I will add/update throughout the year:
- Actually use my sewing machine covers regularly (achievable, right?)
- Attend ASG Conference (plenty of cheap flights SEA -> LAX, no excuse NOT to go!)
- Finish my Chanel jacket (sooooooooooooo close!)
- Make a new basic pants pattern for myself (part-way there…..)
- Make a new basic pants pattern for my youngest DD (also part-way there…..)
- Complete a tailored jacket for myself, using my notebook from Judy Barlup’s “Japanese Tailoring” class taken *oh so long ago*
- Sew a minimum of 20 hours/month in 2011 (am I really going to track this???)
- Sew at least 1 item that is “just for fun” every month (a cute pincushion, a pretty scarf, an organizing item of some kind, etc)
What about you? I’d love to hear your sewing goals, and maybe we can even motivate each other throughout the year to actually achieve most of them!
Happy 2011, and happy sewing!